Have you already tasted the sweet potato soup? Maria Verschure made this delicious soup together with Lissy. You can watch the video that was made about this on the video page. The recipe of this soup can be found below. We wish you joyful cooking and smakelijk eten!
Sweet potato soup recipe:
Preparation time: 30 min.
Serves: 2 people
- 1 onion
- 1 clove of garlic
- 2 sweet potatoes (300g)
- 2 red bell peppers or 2 winter carrots
- 1 liter of vegetable stock
- 150 ml coconut milk
- 1 tbsp paprika powder
- 1 tbsp ginger powder
- salt and pepper (to taste)
Serving tip: Garnish the soup with parsley and serve with bread
Deep stockpot, immersion blender, or blender
- Finely chop the garlic and chop the onion.
- Peel the sweet potato and cut it into small cubes. (The smaller the sweet potato is cut, the faster the sweet potato is cooked)
Cut the bell pepper into small cubes. (When using the winter carrots, peel and cut into small cubes.)
- Sauté the onion and garlic in the deep stockpot over medium heat.
- Once the onion is soft, add the sweet potato and bell pepper (or carrot).
- Then add the stock and let it boil for 10 to 15 minutes. In the meantime, prick the sweet potato to check if it is cooked.
- When the sweet potato is cooked, add the coconut milk. Mix the whole with a hand blender or in a blender.
- Then add the paprika and ginger powder. season the soup with salt and pepper.
- Divide the soup between two plates or bowls.
Would you like to know more about our sweet potato (sweet potato) or have a look at the preparation method of this recipe. Then click on the WATCH VIDEO button and also view other videos on our video page.